Thursday, May 06, 2010

Off and Away

I haven't exactly been home much lately and when I have been home there has been no computer handy most of the time. Our home computer went ka-put just before Nick and I left on vacation to see my brother in Virginia. We're a bit slow since we still have to mail it back to HP for someone to fix it. We were going to have the local computer shop do it, but there was more than one problem with it.

So we went to Viriginia for a week and had a fabulous time. Then last weekend we went to Germantown, Wisconsin for my grandma's 90th birthday! It was a whirlwind weekend. I made her a birthday card (which I didn't think to photograph) with watercolor crayons based on a photo I took at the Milwaukee Art Museum the last time we went to visit. If you can ever go see that museum, the architecture itself is worth the trip.

Here's a favorite Rumi poem and I hope to have a more artsy post next time.

The breeze at dawn

Has secrets to tell you

Don't go back to sleep

You must ask

For what you really want

Don't go back to sleep

People are going back and forth

Across the doorsill

Where the two worlds touch

The door is round and open

Do not go back to sleep

~Rumi

1 comment:

Faith said...

Oh I love your Kimono so yummy,,, Im hoping to do coat waistcoat designs using stef francis threads and some of my favourite material or even paint some. Thankyou so much for posting that picture you have inspired me and got my fingers itching.
Faithx