Saturday, April 10, 2010

Show Opening

The opening of "Tea, Swords, and Stitches" was this afternoon. We got to see our kimono hung as traditional kimonos are hung. It was fabulous to see our piece hung and to see all the other kimonos that artists had created.
I have definitely been in low-gear creatively since finishing the kimono. My mom on the other hand has started to make a new jacket and started a blog about her jacket making process - Just Dreaming - Art to Wear. Please check it out.

One day this week I was inspired to take a bunch of photos leaving the commuter train. We've had a lot of rain lately and some days my train has been very slow because of flooding so the blue sky and almost sunset lighting really made me want to pull out my camera. This photo captures the old Hood manufacturing building in sort of Maxfield Parrish lighting.
In summer of 2011 I will be having another Loading Dock Gallery exhibit along with fiber artist Linda Branch Dunn so I suppose I'll have to start thinking about creating a series of artwork for that one of these days. I have some rather fun ideas to try out, but no solid plans, but then I've got more than a year... The kimono exhibit is up until June 6th, so check it out if you can.
Cheers

No comments: