Monday, January 25, 2010

Kimono Part 2

I had good intentions of posting these images sooner. These are actually from last Monday, Martin Luther King Day in the studio. This is the updated large-scale planning drawing. Of the photos shown here, most of them have been printed on Color Plus Ink-Jet Printable Poplin.

Mom and I are stitching on each photo printed on fabric individually. I was using an embroidery frame for the ones that I am stitching on, but I decided I liked stitching without it better even though the fabrics don't have any sort of stabilizer on them. At the moment I'm stitching on a photo of Lake Sebago in Maine. Photos to come.

Here is the layout for some more of Judy Roberston's fabrics cut out for the front of the kimono:
And me playing Vanna with the pattern planning:
I suppose that's all for now. I just thought I'd share the photos.

1 comment:

Croissance said...

Love what you do, good creativity and takes time to do. You seem happy in doing this.
Agathe