Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sculpted Tid Bits

I said a few blogs ago that I was doing an on-line workshop with Maggie Grey that is free with her new book "Textile Translations" and I showed the beginning stages of one of the projects. Well now, I'm thrilled to say that Maggie chose my "wigwam book" to show on her blog: http://magstitch.blogspot.com/2008/12/secret-revealed.html It's too exciting! Below are two other views. Unfortunately the second one is fuzzy because I was taking photos late at night with a bad cold and I haven't had a chance to re-photograph that view. The wigwam name for these creations came out of the Yahoo group chatting, but I don't remember who "christened" them. Mine is a bit less like a wigwam than a jester hat or something. If you are in Lowell this coming weekend, December 13 & 14, stop by our studio (#304) at Western Avenue Studios to see it in person. We are having a second weekend of Holiday Open Studios. More details at: http://www.westernavenuestudios.com/
Here is another vessel that was created with some of the techniques in the "Textile Translations" book. I don't think it is done yet, but I haven't figured out what it needs next. I also decorated my composition notebook cover. It started out using one of Maggie's techniques, but then it needed more color (blue of course!) so I painted it with some blue acrylics and Golden interference oxide green paint (lovely stuff). It is much more fun to carry around in my backpack now.

I suppose that's all for now!
Happy Holidays!

No comments: