Friday, May 30, 2008

Nifty Paint Shop Pro Filters

I have been messing with computer graphics lately thanks to the inspiration from Maggie Grey's blog: http://magstitch.blogspot.com/ She has been discussing using the Displacement Maps feature in Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop. Her results are amazing and I kept looking for something similar in an older version of Paint Shop Pro that I have access to. I may not be able to do displacement maps at the moment, but I've been having fun with a feature called Arithmetic as you can see below.


This first image is a combination of a photo of my silk-screened water fabric (in the March post) and a photo of a mountain in Juneau, Alaska. I did a Reflection Effect called Rotating Mirror to the fabric photo first. I think I played with the coloring a bit, too.

In case you are curious, here is the Juneau image:This one is putting the Juneau mountain picture together with an image of mountains in Glacier Bay. The Glacier Bay image is the same image that I posted a while ago in the April post.This one started with another photo of screen-printed water fabric and another photo, but I can't remember which one at the moment. I think it was the same Glacier Bay one. I also did something to the color, but I don't remember that either. I guess I should pay more attention, but I get carried away trying different effects. I think I'm going to have to print some of these on fabric to stitch into!

Dirty, Smelly, Noisy show opens this weekend so I should have pics soon! I can't wait to see where they put my "Trash Vases."

1 comment:

MargaretR said...

Hi Sonja. I have been playing with Arithmetic for years and love it. You are the first textile artist I have come across that has tried it. Isn't it lovely? I love what you are doing with it. I'm now using PSP12, which version are you using? I think Displacement Maps started in PSP8. How lucky you are to have a mother and daughter team!