Thursday, April 03, 2008

Fluid Blue

Mom and I have gotten ourselves into doing a new Mother/Daughter art exhibit this August during the Lowell Quilt Festival. It will be in the wonderful, new Loading Dock Gallery at Western Avenue Studios! Our theme this time around is Fluid Blue since I tend to be obsessed with all things blue and "fluid" goes along with my current exploration of water. Mom, of course, also adores "blue" and wants to create more of her stunning jackets and her latest jacket is "fluid" in the drape of the fabric. At any rate, we are creating fabrics to work with for our exhibit and below are photos of my first round of fabric creation for the art-to-be. The first two were created from my water Thermofax silk screen. I'm pretty darn happy with how they came out.
This one was created with a simple tape resist on a silk-screen. I'm wishing I had been more careful about the edges of the silk screen so I wouldn't have gotten the vertical lines from the edge of the screen. Live and learn...
It's still pretty cool though. I suppose that's all for now!

1 comment:

Judy Rys said...

You should be happy with these prints, they turned out great! I am experimenting with what type of image works best. So far, I've only used high contrast black & white but the grey tones add depth. Looks like I'll have to try some more!