Tuesday, January 15, 2008

World Beach

Check it out! My rock art creation is on the Victoria & Albert's website for Sue Lawty's World Beach project: http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/textiles/lawty/world_beach/map_gallery/index.php?section=2&postIndex=0

This is an amazing project. I got interested in playing with rocks at the beach by looking through all the wonderful photographs of rock art around the world. Here is a photo of my creation from the opposite angle of the photo on the V+A website.

Here is my hubby, Nick, and Ole in front of the Pavillion at Rocky Neck State Park in Connecticut. They walked around most of the time I was playing with rocks, but Nick did contribute a small collection of rocks to the project and Ole made sure that a few sections were just right by knocking them over so I had to fix them. Ole also made it on to the V+A website as my helper in the "in progress" photo.
I had an awesome time! I encourage you to play with rocks on your own or with friends at a beach near you! (you might want to wait until the weather warms up a bit more...)

For more details about World Beach & how to participate:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/textiles/lawty/world_beach/map_gallery/index.php?section=1&postSearch=&category=&start=0&show=12

No comments: